Longrun Meadow has a visitor for the summer!
This beautiful toad has moved in. Called “Game of Toads”, it was designed and painted by Lesley-Anne Bartrop-Clist. On the toad trail map it is show as being in the picnic area opposite the Oak Barn, but it isn’t, you’ll need to walk quite a bit further than that to the raised area between the two flood water storage areas at the western end on the meadow (the blue spot on the map).
There are 23 toads in Taunton and the surrounding area. The trail has been set up to celebrate the 60th anniversary of Musgrove Park Hospital’s League of Friends. You can buy a map for £1 from these locations:
- Taunton Visitor Centre, Market House, High Street, Taunton
- Hatchers, High Street, Taunton
- Museum of Somerset, Castle Green, Taunton
- League of Friends Shop, Musgrove Park Hospital
- Great Western Hotel, Taunton
- Somerset County Sports/ Somerset Museum of Cricket
- Viridor House, Priory Bridge Road, Taunton
- Mercedes Garage, Taunton
- Sheppys Cider
- Oake Manor Golf Club
- Willow and Wetland Centre, Stoke St Gregory
- Hestercombe House and Gardens
- Norton Fitzwarren Village Hall